The countdown begins! There’s less than ten days left for you to submit a speaker application to WordCamp Europe 2017. We’re set to close the call for speakers next Friday, the 27th January 2017.
Thinking about speaking?
WordCamp Europe was attended by over 2000 people last year. We hope to welcome even more in Paris this year.
The stage will be set for speakers to share their stories with the largest WordCamp audience in Europe and we would love for you to be a part of it.
What we’re looking for
WordPress encompasses a wide range of topics. Last year, we had talks on theming, imposter syndrome, development environments, managing communities, and a wide variety more.
This year, we continue to encourage applications on any topic related to WordPress.
If you’re stuck for ideas, here are some topics to spark your imagination:
- Case studies of big media or enterprise websites
- Scaling & performance
- Working with the Customizer
- Working with taxonomies & terms
- Automated testing (unit/end-to-end)
- The WordPress REST API
- Turning your plugin into a business
- Development tools, including dev environments, dependencies, and deployment
Building websites with WordPress
- Best practices when building WordPress websites
- Guide to choosing themes/plugins
- Security 101
- Theme design
- User interface design
- Going from freelancing to building a team
- Dealing with clients
- EU website/internet law
- Contributing as a non-coder
- Content strategy
- Mental health & well-being
- Open source & licensing
- Translations (non-technical aspects)
Applied. Now what?
You can review the speaker selection process and expect to hear from us by the end of March.
We look forward to seeing you in Paris!