WordPress is like a galaxy of evolving open source projects maintained by thousands of volunteers from across the world.
Take part in WordPress history
We invite you to join us in contributing to the world’s most widely used publishing platform. Share your expertise, your know-how, your knowledge, your imagination, and your experience. Thanks to advancements in online communication, anyone can contribute to WordPress from anywhere in the world. But nothing beats working alongside contributors IRL (in real life)!
Learn faster alongside contributors
By participating at WordCamp Europe’s Contributor Day, you will have the chance to learn from new and experienced contributors alike. Contributor Day is special because it brings together contributors of all levels and everyone can benefit from each others’ advice and knowledge.
Come as you are and do what you like most!
Whether you are a user, a prescriber, a designer, a marketer or a developer, we are all committed to supporting WordPress so that it can carry on powering our blogs, sites or applications in an ever more efficient and intuitive way.
During this day, you will have a choice of fields to get involved with. You can:
- improve WordPress Core;
- invest in the Rest API;
- design new user interfaces or innovative layouts;
- work on smoother user experiences for mobile applications;
- contribute to WordPress accessibility;
- translate WordPress, plugins and themes;
- find and share answers about issues related to WordPress support;
- sharpen your skills in plugin and theme development;
- use your writing talents to enrich documentation;
- learn how to set up community events around WordPress;
- build teaching resources to train on WordPress;
- enhance the sites and tools made available to the WordPress community;
- learn and collaborate about video captioning & post production techniques so useful to spread WordPress events to the world;
- improve the WordPress user experience flow on any device.
Stay tuned for fresh news about the Contributor Day
More details about the WCEU 2017 Contributor Day content and schedule is to follow. Don’t miss any of it and subscribe to our emailing list.
How to be part of WCEU Contributor Day?
Contributor Day will take place at the Paris docks “Business Center” building on June 15th and will kick-off the 5th edition of this great European event. To be a part of WCEU Contributor Day you should get your WordCamp Europe Ticket first (if you don’t have one already) and then wait for (separate) registration for Contributor day to open, and be fast :).
Get ready for D-day!
- Consider taking your laptop and charger with you;
- if you haven’t created your account on WordPress.org or on the WordPress Slack (the tool WordPress contributors are using to communicate with), do so now;
- Subscribe to the WordCamp Europe 2017 blog and follow the #wceu hashtag on Twitter.
“C’est en forgeant que l’on devient forgeron”
To adapt this French version of the “Practice makes perfect” proverb to our future meeting: By contributing you will become an even greater contributor. 🙂