We are less than a month away from WordCamp Europe Contributor Day. We hope you have already bought your ticket to WordCamp Europe and registered to attend Contributor Day (around 50 spots left as of today!). As promised, we are releasing the schedule of all the talks (four of them), workshops (13 of them), and all of the contributor teams.
What you need to know – step by step
For the first time this year, Contributor Day will take place before the conference days, on Thursday, June 15th, 2017. It will happen in the Business Centre of “Les Docks de Paris”, starting with registration at 08:30 am, and opening remarks at 09:15.
Registration will take place at Dock Pullman. After you register you can proceed to the Business Centre, where the Contributor Day will take place.
Those of you who have been to other contributor days already know how it goes – there are teams that you join to work on a particular part of WordPress or its community, and then there are (sometimes) workshops and talks. For WordCamp Europe Contributor day we have planned both. Thanks to our amazing speakers and contributors, we will have contributor teams as well as talks and workshops.
Contributor day teams, rooms and leads
Rooms: Strasbourg, Bordeaux / Lead: A member of the WordPress TV Team.
Rooms: Strasbourg, Bordeaux / Leads: Cate Huston, Ondrej Ruttkay
Rooms: Strasbourg, Bordeaux / Lead: Bridget Willard
Rooms: Grèce, Barcelone, Madrid, Venise, Rome / Leads: Felix Arntz, Pascal Birchler, Peter Wilson
Room: Genève / Lead: Adam Silverstein
Core: Rest API
Room: Lausanne / Leads: K. Adam White, Ryan McCue
Room: Barcelone / Lead: Aaron Campbell
Room: Grèce / Lead: Tammie Lister
Room: Pays-Bas / Lead: James Huff
Room: Belgique / Leads: Carolina Nymark, Ulrich Pogson
Room: Belgique / Leads: Rian Rietveld, Andrea Fercia, Sami Keijonen
Room: Faro / Lead: Anton Timmermans
Rooms: Porto, Lisbonne / Leads: Mika Epstein, Marius L. Jensen
Rooms: Cardiff, Glasgow, Londres / Leads: Petya Raykovska, Pascal Casier, Taco Verdonschot
Room: Munich / Lead: Jon Kenshino
Room: Hambourg / Leads: Josepha Haden Chomphosy, Aleksandar Savkovic
Room: Berlin / Leads: John James Jacoby, Boone B. Gorges, Paul Gibbs
Room: Berlin / Lead: Alain Schlesser
Room: Luxembourg / Leads: Andrea Middelton, Hugh Lashbrooke, Kevin Cristiano
Talks and workshops
During the day, we will have four talks, and 13 workshops, held by well-known community leaders. Please see the Contributor Day Schedule page for the full schedule.
General information and advice
- Location: Business Centre – Les Docks de Paris (see this map) – 97 avenue des magasins généraux – 93300 Aubervilliers.
- Time: From 08:30 to 17:30 (CET)
- Registration opens at 08:30: Please don’t be late, as we’re expecting 500 people.
- Lunch: Lunch is planned between 12:30 and 14:30. Make room for all the hungry contributors. 😉
- Capacity: 500 people max.
- Wifi: We’ll have a WiFi Network connected to a 1 GB Bandwidth Internet fibre.
- Don’t forget to confirm your participation by registering here. If you have already registered then you are good to go and there’s no need to register once more. You can sit and wait for our email with all the relevant information (coming in the next few days).
- Consider bringing your laptop and charger with you.
- If you haven’t created your account on WordPress.org or on the WordPress Slack (the tool WordPress contributors are using to communicate with) then do so now!
- Take good care of yourself from now on until the 15th of June to be at 100% for the Contributor Day.
- Spread the #WCEU Contributor Day word to the whole world!