A lot of you asked – will the afterparty have a theme this year? The short answer is yes, but if you want to learn more about the afterparty and what will wait for you there – read on.
We have already announced the beautiful afterparty venue. It’ll take place at Le Pavillon d’Armenonville, an amazing building just on the outskirts of Paris in the Bois de Boulogne park, with a view over a lake. Once a modest hunting lodge, on Saturday, June 17th, it will host hundreds of WordPress people ready to party.
Last year y'all had a ball.
— Bridget Willard (@YouTooCanBeGuru) June 1, 2017
So, afterparty theme. You have asked us on social networks, in the comments and in person. We’re happy to announce the afterparty theme – the 1930s Paris. “Wow, the 1930s Paris?” – you may ask yourself – “How should I prepare?” Worry no more. As with everything we did to let you feel welcome while in Paris, we have a perfect video that explains it.
Things you need to know about the afterparty
- afterparty will take place in the beautiful Pavillon d’Armenonville, Allée de Longchamp, Bois de Boulogne, 75116 Paris.
- afterparty starts at 8 pm on Saturday 17th (and lasts until 3am).
- to get there take Metro Line 1 or RER line C to Porte Maillot station, and then take Exit 6. There, you can take the after party train (you’ll see it, it is in the WordCamp Europe colors) or you can have a walk. There’s a 5-minute walk through the greenery of Bois de Boulogne to get to the after party venue.
- we will have food trucks at the afterparty, offering a variety of different food. That’s why we recommend going to the afterparty straight after the conference.
- you will get one free wine or beer, or two free soft drinks. Afterwards, you can purchase drink tickets for 2€ (soft drink), 4€ (wine/beer) or 5€ (cocktails).
- yes, we will have a photo booth. 😉
And remember – what happens in Paris…